2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Release Date USA – We have been waiting a very long time for the Yamaha Ténéré 700, with the engine first debuting as a concept in the year 2016. Without a show at the EICMA 2017 show, the concept of Yamaha T7 instead toured worldwide promotion.
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Release Date USA
So, surely we think that the event of EICMA 2018 will announce the Yamaha Ténéré 700 as ready to go… Yes and No. Yamaha Ténéré 700 finally came as a motorcycle production… But not enough.
Expected as the fall model of 2019 in Europe, off-roader wants to bike middleweight adventure-touring should wait another year. If you happen to stay on the side of this pond, we’ve got worse news for you.
The Yamaha Ténéré 700 will be a 2021 model engine in the US, debuting in the second half of 2020, making this possible the release of the most disappointing new model at the Milan trade show.
While Yamaha took a sweet time to bring the Yamaha Ténéré 700 to market, we had at least a few technical specifications to work with. As you would expect, a 689cc parallel-twin motor comes from the MT-07 platform, resulting in 72hp (54kW), with a torque of 50 lbs (68 Nm).
In its trim in Europe, the Yamaha Ténéré 700 2020 will provide a scale at 450 lbs (205kg) When a full 4.2 gallon (16 liter) of fuel is available, although the wet specification for the US is still “TBD” from Yamaha Motor USA.
Equipped with 21 and front wheels and 18 rear wheels, the Yamaha Ténéré 700 is seen as part of the ADV segment, especially for those who want to travel. The seat height is set at 34.6 inches, with no 9.5 ground clearance clearance on the machine (unladen).
The Ground clearance is derived from 8.3 travel travel on a fully adjustable, 43mm Front fork, along with 7.9 travel travel on a linkage-type rear shock, which has preload and rebound capability.
The LCD dashboard is styled like a rally handbook, and the production engine will keep four very attractive LED lights.
The initial indication is that the Yamaha 2020 2020 Ténéré 700 will be a strong ADV bid, so it arrives. However, people should wonder if the delay of Yamaha in bringing this motor to the market will affect its acceptance.
With Austria debuting its powerful KTM 790 Adventure R at the EICMA this year as well, and of course other brands may enter space for the next year or two, Ténéré 700 faces a risk of death on arrival.
The proof will be in the pudding of course, and we have not seen any price information, which could be a big factor in throwing this motorcycle to the adventurous customer of the tour. As we like to say, time will tell.
In the world of bike touring adventures, the trend is headed to mid-range. It was observed from the middle class focus of many OEMS, including Triumph with the 800 ‘s, the Ducati with the 950 ‘s, and the BMW with the 850 ‘s.
Yamaha do not want to miss. Speculation developed about the release of the middle class Ténéré based on the prototype of the World Raid Ténéré 700 which emerged in the year 2017.
Speculation can now cease; During the EICMA Milan Motorcycle Show 2018, Yamaha launched the Ténéré 700 to be produced. But it won’t be available until mid-2020.
Yamaha also confirmed that the younger brother of Ténéré ES will arrive in the U.S. Bike ADV will be released as A 2021 model, and will not arrive at the A. S showrooms until mid-2020.
Here is a quick fact-what you need to know about the 2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700.
1. The reason for the 2021 model year? Yamaha said production for the U.S. model will take place at Yamaha factories in Japan. Due to the different standards of government regulation and the schedule of the factory production line, Ténéré 700 which is all newly scheduled to arrive at the U.S. dealer in the second half of 2020.
2. ADV Ténéré The new middleweight was based on the prototype World Raid Ténéré 700 which underwent a world tour and experienced the most devastating driving conditions, from deserts in South America to the Australian outback. Helping Test prototype was the winner of the Dakar rally Stéphane Peterhansel and the official Yamalube Racer team Yamaha Rally Adrien van Beveren and Rodney Phgoter.
3. The Ténéré 700 is powered by an engine of CP2 (Crossplane Crankshaft Concept) 689cc four-unparallel which is transplanted from the naked motor MT-07. Yamaha did not release much of the engine, but the parallel distribution of the MT-07 with its 270-degree firing crankshaft resulted in a 50 ft/lbs torque at 6500 rpm. According to a Yamaha spokesperson, “This machine provides the ideal balance of performance and control capabilities, and excellent fuel economy contributes to the ability of Ténéré to travel a long distance between fuel stops.”
2021 Yamaha Ténéré 7004. To achieve an agile and balanced chassis that are equally optimal on and off the road, Ténéré 700 obtains a lightweight tubular double cradle steel frame that combines low weight with strength.
5. Built for off-road, Ténéré 700 has 62.6 inch wheelbase and 9.5 inch ground clearance.
6. The suspension task is handled by a 43mm reverse fork and the rear setting of the link type is endowed with a remote loader spring feature. The trip wheels on both ends are about eight inches.
7. The Ténéré 700 is equipped with a flat seat, compact bodywork and a narrow fuel tank that allows the rider to hold the tank with the knee whether seated or standing.
2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700 style reli8. Due to the off-road focus in mind, electronics are very minimal-you won’t find any traction control or driving mode here. The 2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700 will have ABS as a standard feature, and it can be turned off to drive dirt.
9. Stop the Adventure tour Ténéré 700 is a double 282mm wave-style front disc, and a 245mm rear disc.
10. Based on Ténéré 700 World Rally, this motorcycle has one main task — dominating off-road. Because of this, Yamaha has equipped the Ténéré with a 21-inch-front/18-inch spoked wheel setup.
11. Touring adventures means long distance travel, and the Ténéré 700 has a 4.2 gallon gasoline tank. Yamaha claimed Ténéré could average 217 miles of tanks.
12. Influenced by the Dakar WR450F Yamaha Racer, Ténéré 700 features a rally screen, a nose angler and a handguard, along with a rally-style instrumentation. The latter has a large LCD dashboard in front of you that provides two tripmeters, a gear indicator, fuel level, an estimated fuel range, plus an average and instant fuel consumption.
2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700 LED13 headlight. To see what’s in front of off-road in the Dark Wilderness, Ténéré 700 has four LED lights stacked 2 × 2.
14. The Ténéré will be available in Ice Ice color schemes during the second half of 2020 at Yamaha dealers across the U.S. Prices will be announced later.